People often ask what to wear to their portrait sessions. The most important thing regarding clothing, hair and makeup is that you are comfortable! Your session should be as enjoyable and fun as possible - clothes that you feel great in will ensure that happens. :)
I do have a few tips...
- Wearing matching clothes is fine, but coordinating clothes will look even better! Try picking a colour palette, (ex. gem, earth or pastel colours) and have each group member wear clothes within that palette. This will create unity within the group without making everone too "matchy-matchy". A great example would be a family wearing jeans with brown, green and tan tops and jackets.
- Patterns and prints are fine - but consider if any of the clothing in the group will overpower the rest.
- Accessories and layers make for great photos - feel free to wear jackets, layered shirts, jewelry, scarves, etc.
- Wear clothes that suit your personality - your photos should be a representation of you, not someone else. Wear what is comfortable to you and what makes you feel your best.
- Dark clothes and well fitting clothes are slimming. Avoid super baggy or super tight clothes.
- Bring your accessories and layered clothes - jackets, jewelry, scarves, hats, etc, make for great photos!